Whitney Cerak

We, the Cerak family, are elated beyond description at Whitney’s return home. It is so much more than we ever imagined three months ago.We would like to restate our plans of not speaking to the media. There is still much on the road to Whitney’s full recovery. We want to thank the media for the respect they have shown of our privacy in this time. And ask that the same courtesy given us would be extended to our family and friends.

Friday, July 28, 2006

July 27, 2006

1 John 3:1 "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called Children of God!"

This verse sums up how I feel today, thankful for the love God has shown me and thankful to be a child of God. I hope you can take a moment to let God's love soak in or even better read the book of 1 John (short) and get a deeper glance of God's love.

Whitney finished her neuro-psych exam. We are excited to see the results. Until then she keeps working in each therapy session strengthening her body and mind. I don't have many details today but am thankful for the consistent work each therapist gives Whitney.

In the evening we went to watch Carly in action. She has been helping out with VBS by doing an opening and closing skit. She did great (of course I'm her mom so what else would I say). It is fun to watch your kids no matter if they are 5 years old or 21. It is the best watching the love for God turn into the pratical of serving God.

1 John 2:28 "And now dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming."

With love,
Whitney's mom

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always encouraged by your posts. :)

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish you and family the best as you anxiously await the results of the neuro-psych exam! Praying for the best!

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Whit!!! I have been reading your blog everyday and i'm am so excited for you. Everyone in Gaylord is very proud of you. Keep up the good work!

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting! I check this site everyday and it is always good to hear from you, even when you feel like there isn't much to report.

Prayers continue!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to keep up with your family along with Whitney's progress on this blog. Only thing better would be a web site with some photos. I still can't phantom the feelings that your family has to feel every moment of every day.
Love & best wishes,
Rick
rgreen7576@hotmail.com

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking about you all and sending all good wishes. Stay strong!
Love you!
Harriet

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dearest Whit,
I have a gift for you and when it come into full bloom AGIAN I am going to get a photo of it and send it to you or bring it to your home here in Gaylord. It is your favorite flower and this is the first time it has bloomed since April.
I diligently water, feed, it, and often even talk to to it thru the many weeks that it has been growing. Right along with you.
It was such a thrill to see your father last weekend as I had missed the week before when he gave the congregation your update (I did however get the CD of it).
I am so glad that you are doing so well too. Many Blessings and prayers go to ALL of you.

Your E-Freer

9:21 AM  
Blogger Jody said...

Hello to all the Ceraks. As Chip and I mark the 5th anniversary of our Old Depot incident today, I couldn't help stop by and say that God has been good to us. As you are finding, it is a long, difficult, emotional and draining thing to deal with such things as grief, trauma and recovery. I just want you to know that I continue to pray for Whitney and all of you as your summer wears on. I drive Wyndham to and from her therapies, 6 times each week...and I say prayers for all of you on these short trips. I hope that you will be blessed with more progress and simple moments of enjoying being together. Even if it is at Hope network. Much love from all of us to all of you!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We enjoy your daily posts. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to bless all of us!
Everyone is so happy to hear of Whitney's progress. Your family will continue to be lifted up daily. God is so good!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started following your blog soon after the media began reporting on Laura and Whitney. Then, the middle of June, my best friend was in an auto accident. Her 14 year old daughter was killed and she sustained a head injury. The Lord is bringing about remarkable healing, but she still has a long way to go. I now read this blog in an entire new light as I have watched my friend come out of a coma, begin to talk and next week will be able to begin weight bearing. She now is aware of her daughter's homegoing and the emotional healing must begin. I am so encouraged by the faith, hope and love that is so apparent in your lives. Thank You for sharing your story.

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home