Whitney Cerak

We, the Cerak family, are elated beyond description at Whitney’s return home. It is so much more than we ever imagined three months ago.We would like to restate our plans of not speaking to the media. There is still much on the road to Whitney’s full recovery. We want to thank the media for the respect they have shown of our privacy in this time. And ask that the same courtesy given us would be extended to our family and friends.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Saturday July 22 & Sunday July 23

As Whitney's sisters, Sandra and I have decided to talk about the weekend together.

(Sandra)Each weeekend, I have the priveledge of visiting Whitney. My week days are spent working at a Christian camp, something Whitney was planning on doing this summer. Even though my time with Whit is scarce, it is always time cherished. God continues to amaze me in the way He has His healing hand over her. In the short five days I am away, the improvement she makes is very noticable. Each visit brings a more talkative, more alert, more funny, and more herself, Whitney. I can't help but smile just thinking about her and the strides she has made. God is truly so good, and I can't say that enough. This weekend Whit was able to get away and visit with some friends she hasn't seen in a while. It was a great break and a way for her to feel normal again. She even got to experience some "Spring Hill lovin" on Sunday by coming to the morning service. She has said many times of how excited she is to work at this camp sometime in the future, and today we got to see that excitement first hand.

(Carly)The weekends are great for the rest of us because it is special when Sandra comes and tells us about her week at camp. This weekend was extra special for us when we recieved a phone call from Invisible Children.
At Whitney's funeral, a collection of money was put together in Whitney's name for the Invisible Children fund. This week we finally sent the money. It has been amazing to see how many prayers God has answered through this season in our life. Not only has God answered prayers of people we know, but through this money prayers of so many kids in Uganda will be answered. We recieved word that the money will be taken to Uganda today and will be used to help thousands of children in need. It has been a great passion of Sandra, Whitney, and I to help these children. And it has been so humbling to look at what we've gone through and then look at these kids and realize we have gone through nothing. We are honored to send the money many of you have donated in Whitney's name and take part in giving God's justice to others as we are called to do as followers to Christ.
Luke 12:48b, "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked"
Isaiah 61:8, "For I, the Lord, love justice."

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carly, Sandra, and Whitney,

What a beautiful posting, and we are so touched by your loving relationship. We are still praying!

Love,
the Hoeksemas

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How beautiful to share the offering with the Invisible Children!
May you be blessed in your ministry.

4:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God bestow many blessings on all of you!!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys have had wonderful times together. Its wonderful that prayers have been answered not only for your family, but also for the children of Uganda. Prayers from Ohio, Emily

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankful for you 3 beautiful girls. May you always remember this cherished "life" God has given you to share together!!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you to the parents for raising such wonderful girls!!

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you all I was away a few days and just read the good news that Whit can finally walk. Thank god! He is truely amazing. I'm also glad to hear the money is going to good use to help the Invisible Children. Thanks for keeping us all posted and Whitney keep enjoying walking and your freedom.

God Bless from Vanderbilt

3:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your family is a comfort and a strength for me. I look forward everyday to reading the word, and the word being lived out in your lives. I find myself being kinder and more forgiving and longing for more of Jesus. Thanks for sharing your hope, and joy and strength in Jesus. Tears of joy and prayers for all...

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so humbled when I read the posting today. You are such amazing girls, whom we are so proud of and thankful for.

I feel like I have short changed my children. Yes, I have tried, but I have not provided them with the constant love and focus on our Heavenly Father as Newell and Colleen has done.

Forgive me Lord for my failings. Please help me to cherish each day with my family here on earth and to use each day for your Glory...not mine.

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the loving word of Jesus Christ today and everyday. What a joy, to be able to walk again Whitney. Keep up the good work. Soon, you will be walking around campus. What a beautiful family and to be able to praise the Lord together. It was a good to hear from the other side of the family (the girls). Stay positive and good luck...
From Indianapolis

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been reading these entries everyday for a couple weeks now and I am amazed at Whitney's progress. I am so happy that everything is going so well. I continue to pray for Whitney and your family everyday. Good luck and congrats on walking!!!!!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooHoo! Way to go Walking Whitney!
Thanks again, Newell, Coleen, Carly and Sandra for continuing to post these good updates. I can't wait for the one signed "Home Again in Gaylord Whitney's Dad"!
Love you guys. We continue to pray with thanksgiving and ever-increasing joy. See you soon.
Ann and Will

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It amazes me how far Whitney has come in such a relatively short time - considering the severity of her injuries! It shouldn't be so amazing when you consider the power of our Heavenly Father! I continue to pray that Whitney will make it back to TU at the end of August if that is in God's plan for her. May she be able to go home soon!

A TU mom

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad Whitney is doing so well. I think about her every day and pray she can be back to school soon.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Al B. said...

Cerak Family,

This comment was left on my copy of the two blogs combined and it was meant for you guys so I'm copying it over:

Julie Nelson Says:

I AM TRULY AMAZED BY THIS STORY AND ALL INVOLVED. I REMEMBER HEARING ABOUT THE "MIX UP" A FEW WEEKS AGO. I HAD SUCH STONG FEELINGS ABOUT THIS THOUGHT, HAVING 2 CHILDREN OF MY OWN. I WONDERED HOW ANYONE COULD GO THROUGH SOMETHING LIKE THIS, BUT AFTER READING YOUR JOURNEL, I NOW KNOW WHERE YOUR STRENGHT COMES FROM! I FEEL BLESSED YOU LETTING ME READ YOUR STORY, IT'S AN INSPERATION TO ALL!! GOD BLESS, JULIE

2:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following this on the news a bit, but had never thought to post a comment.

God Bless, and my thoughts will be with you, your family, and everyone who has been touched by this situation.

Beth
gazebo0527@hotmail.com

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that you don't know me but I am a SpringHill staffer and it was so wonderful to see Whitney here this weekend. The Lord is so amazing!
T-Rock

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for continuing the updates. We are still keeping you in our prayers and are thankful for each new miracle every day.

God Bless,

5:52 PM  
Anonymous teresa said...

HI, I JUST FINNISHED READING YOUR BLOG,S AND WAS VERY TOUCHED, I HAVE READ YOUR BOOK ALSO,WHAT A WONDERFUL FAMILY . KEEP YOUR FAITH IN GOD AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK WHIT,GOD IS BY YOUR SIDE ALWAYS, AS YOU AREADY HAVE WITNESSED,PRAYING FOR YOU ALWAYS,TERESA.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home