Whitney Cerak

We, the Cerak family, are elated beyond description at Whitney’s return home. It is so much more than we ever imagined three months ago.We would like to restate our plans of not speaking to the media. There is still much on the road to Whitney’s full recovery. We want to thank the media for the respect they have shown of our privacy in this time. And ask that the same courtesy given us would be extended to our family and friends.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

July 19,2006

Psalms 7:9a
"O Righteous God, who searches minds and hearts."
Luke 10:27
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and love your neighbor as yourself."

Today was a very interesting day. Whitney had her normal morning routine with therapies and then after lunch we met with a neuro-psychiatrist. Again we feel so lucky to have the chance to meet and work with such high caliber professionals. I feel we both learned so much. I took some notes during the meeting so I could share the info with Newell and Carly. My favorite was when the doctor was showing us a model of a brain and explaining the functions of the different parts. He showed us the grey matter and and the white matter. The grey matter is for facts - reading, writing and arithmetic. The white matter is your passions - religion, sex and politics. He then said people think they ask Jesus into their hearts but they are really asking him into their white matter. He made us laugh. I am going to cover all my bases and love God with my heart, soul and mind. (Matt. 22:37) We learned so much more and are encouraged for the progress Whitney has made and will make in the next few months.

Whitney had a few more therapies after the meeting and then we went out for a drive to enjoy the beautiful evening. Carly stays overnight with her intern family on Tuesday nights. She enjoys Tuesday nights as she has Bible study with the other interns then they relax and do fun things to get to know each other better. She is enjoying the experience and learning alot too. Whitney had the night to herself also. I left her chatting on the phone to a friend. It is a fun evening for her to catch up with some friends.

Thanks for your continued prayers. We never take them for granted - instead we covet them. Continue to remember the Smiths, Felvers, Larsons, Erbs and VanRyns.

Love, Whitney's mom

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is so amazing. I just can't fathom how people can doubt His existance, when the look at how complex He made each of us, and knows each of us so intimately.

We continue to pray for all of those involved, and feel such a mixture of human greif for those that are hurting and so much gratitude for God's promise that they are with Him, because of their commitment to Him.

God bless you all! We miss you...

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I continue to pray for you and the families involved. I have enjoyed using the verses you post as a daily devotional. Thank you for inspiring me. You are an amazing family. God bless!

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and keep us updated. Our prayers will continue for Whitney and family, as well as all involved. So many people all over the world are lifting you up in prayer. God is so good!

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the part about taking Jesus into your white matter. That was precious. Keep up the wonderful blog and we're praying every day for Whitney's recovery.

A Mom in Arkansas

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am reposting this. I meant to post this on July 19 and posted it on July 18. So if you have seen this already Whitney, I am sorry. I am new to posting things!

I am a mother of 4 from Central Texas. My oldest, was in a major car accident 6 yrs ago and is a walking miracle himself (he is now 24). Someone ran a red light going 70mph in a 50mph zone. Praise GOD for him being 100% today! To God be the Glory!

But the main thing I am writing about is to say.... I do not personally know you Whitney, or your family. But I am a Christian and love the scriptures and updates y'all write to us.

I just wanted to take a moment and ask you Whitney.... if you have heard the song, "You Raise Me Up,"??? (The version that Josh Groban does.) It is a very uplifting and moving song. The words are absolutely wonderful and for some reason, I just think of you, Whitney, and your relationship with the Lord when I hear it.

I know it makes me think of my relationship with the Lord too! The words are so true. God is great!!!

Glad to hear of the wonderful progress you are making Whitney. Hang in there. My son went through 3 yrs of surgeries and is fine now! And I thank God everyday for this.

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ones,
Colleen, your writing is beautiful and full of emotion. My heart leaps as it catches your passion for the Lord and your family.
Love you all!!
With all my love,
Joan

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you for let people have a picture of whit published in people magazine.. she is so beautiful. i am proud to see the picture that show how really strong she is!! she look great. i really admires her. god bless yall.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ceraks,
Thank you for sharing. Your commitment to share what God is doing is reaching so many. It is encouraging to read your blog each day and witness what faith and prayers can do through Him. May God bless with privacy while at the same time you continue to share.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am amazed by the strength shown not only by Whitney but by her family and the VanRyn family. I wish you all the best and hope the Whitney's road to recovery continues smoothly. Thank you for keeping up with this blog, I'm sure you all have many other things going on right now to take up your time but this is a great way for those of us who have read about Whitney to keep track of her progress. You are all an inspiration.
Thank you
Jane

5:48 PM  
Blogger Monica's Daughter, Kelly said...

Good Evening Cerak Family,
I cherish and praise in every positive step that Whit takes. She with the help of our Loving Father and made such remarkable progress. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your continued prayers, the heartfelt card, and for allowing me to post my Mom's blog address here. It has been such a wonderful help to me, everyone's kind words, prayers. Just knowing that we are all united in God's Family is so very wonderful. Today has been a rather tearful day for me, as are most Wednesdays(this being the day that my world forever changed). I am so looking forward to the day when I will get to meet everyone. You have been such an inspiration to me. I,today, received a copy of the memorial service at Taylor. That service was very difficult for me and it 'reopened' all my wounds again. BUT I left the chapel that night with such a inner peace. At that moment in time, I was so honored for my Mom to be with her Heavenly Father. Thank you everyone for your updates, and for allowing the rest of the world to share in your strong faith our AMAZING GOD!!!! Keep up the good work WHIT :o) Hugs to you all, In Christ's Amazing Love, Kelly
http://monicafelver.blogspot.com/

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jody said...

I couldn't help but think of your family as I wrote my own blogpost for Wed. July 19th. I know that you understand completely, and that your family is now living this same testimony of faith with so many. It's not an easy role to play, and if you're like me, you've questioned why God would choose your family to live it out in front of others. I am so pround of the way you continue to allow God to shine in and through you. Even in the daily routine at Hope. More thoughts and prayers as usual...

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an inspiration to many, Whitney. I look forward to reading the updates and pray for your recovery.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home