Whitney Cerak

We, the Cerak family, are elated beyond description at Whitney’s return home. It is so much more than we ever imagined three months ago.We would like to restate our plans of not speaking to the media. There is still much on the road to Whitney’s full recovery. We want to thank the media for the respect they have shown of our privacy in this time. And ask that the same courtesy given us would be extended to our family and friends.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

July 12, 2006 "In the morning..."

“In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.” Psalm 5:3 NIV

“I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word.” Psalm 119:147 NIV

“I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. Great is the Lord and most worth of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.” Psalm 145:1-3 NIV

Our hope is in the Lord. He hears us when we pray to Him. He is faithful and will remain so forever. We find such peace at the feet of Jesus, we find comfort at the feet of Jesus and we find hope beyond description at His feet. He is our strength; it is certainly not we ourselves, so we praise Him again this day for all He has done.

Today Whitney was on her own for most of the day. She did a fine job of ordering her day. She is fast becoming a dynamo when it comes to hopping around. This Tuesday morning she went almost 400’, then in the afternoon tacked on another 200’+. So, strength and endurance keep improving.

For her occupational therapy time she was given the tasks of cleaning her bathroom area, doing her laundry, and straightening up her room. She must have completed the jobs in a good fashion because one of her therapists said to us, “You must have taught her well…most people complain but she didn’t…she just went right to work and got it done.” Awesome job Whitney! We thank God she remembered, her room might be clean at home whenever we get back.

After a short nap, dinner was delicious – burritos and ice cream! Thanks so much for the dinner. Then opened and read some cards from well wishers followed by an early exit to bed. She put in another long day with all her therapies and it tired her. By the end of the day her voice was softer but her spirits were high.

We give thanks to God for each day’s progress. He continues to give Whitney strength; He continues to help Whitney get those files back in order. God gives us what we need each day. I know that without Him we would be struggling to make it through each day.

We pray for His guidance and wisdom both for now and the future. Spending time with God each day has been so sweet, we treasure the time. Spend time with Him today. Pray for those in need and ask Him for strength for yourself today.

In Christ alone, Whitney’s family

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is great to hear of Whit's progress! Better watch out about the laundry skills though. With her having so many college friends, they may start "offering to help with her recovery" by supplying more dirty laundry! That's what friends are for though right? Congrats on another day of progress!

Marianne

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Whit and all she has done...such a good girl she must be.

Her having a clean room brings back such memories of my own room and of my daughters- life is good.

I am still in hope of seeing a picture of her and so sorry I missed seeing the ones on the Today Show.

hugs and prayers from
a mom in mt zion

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to have missed the Today Show that others have mentioned seeing. Would have love to have seen your family as you have been in my thoughts and prayers since 1st hearing. Hope you add pictures to this blog when and if that's possible. Keep pressing on. In Christ.

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessings on a daily basis. I am so inspired by your family, your love, and your strength.
Thank you so much for keeping us up to date on Whitney's progress. Although I will probably never meet anyone in the Cerak family, please know you are loved and prayed for by someone on Cape Cod.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cerak Family, wanted to let you know that your family is always in my thoughts. I think of you often and am strengthened in your faith in our Lord, by Whom all things are possible. Please do not hesitate to reach out for anything that your family may need.

Sincerely, Debbie from Chicago

8:23 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I'm so proud of you guys. It's so funny that in the midst of praying for you, I feel encouraged. In the midst of you craving prayers for Whitney, you are so specific in encouraging and craving prayers for the other families. I could never wish for this to happen to anyone, but I am being encouraged and my faith is being strengthened by reading your blogs. Keep up the good work Whitney, and all of you. Love & prayers!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God for his goodness and care. I'm so proud of your accomplishments in your healing process, Whitney. We continue to pray for you, your family, and others involved in this accident in our family. We are strangers in this lifetime, but for eternity-we are family. God bless you all.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for all of you, and to Praise God for all of His blessings and His infinate wisdom! Thank you for the reminder to keep going before the Lord in prayer....we are not too busy....Priority!

I too had missed the today show, but found how to rewatch it.

Go to www.MSNBC.com and then you will be able to click on a link for Tuesday's videos. We get to see the broadcast in full length.

God Bless all who are praying for Whit and for all of those involved through this accident, and for all who are coming to know the Lord through it all. I feel blessed to be among brothers and sisters in Christ.... in unity.

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for those who missed the today show segment, see yesterday's comments for several sets of instructions on how to view it.

way to go whitney! it is so great to hear that she is hopping along and making progress. it is also good to know that you all are being spiritually, and physically fed! praise god for his provision in your lives and all of ours.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A huge thank you to al b. for the posting of the picture of Whit...wow she looks so good.

We love you whit and will continue to pray for you...we are proud of your hard work.

love from a mom in mt zion

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A huge thank you to al b. for the posting of the picture of Whit...wow she looks so good.

We love you whit and will continue to pray for you...we are proud of your hard work.

love from a mom in mt zion

12:02 PM  
Blogger Monica's Daughter, Kelly said...

Hello Ceraks....
Please forgive my delay in responding. I am Monica Felver's oldest daughter, Kelly. And I have been struggling with life, since my Mom was called home by the Lord on the 26th of April. I feel that we all have a bond now..... due to our experiences from the accident. My faith in God is strong, and I am honored that my Mom was one of the Chosen 5 that day. Her life is perfect now and she is fulfilling the greater purpose that God has planned for her. Whitney I have followed your progress every step of the way. And I continue to rejoice in every step you take. You are truly a miracle, and proof that we have an AMAZING GOD and that he is at work in our lives. That is one thing that people on the outside has just been amazed at ..... your faith.... my faith...everyone that has connections to the accident....everyone speaks of their FAITH. And faith in our Lord is what it is all about.
I'm not sure if this is the place to do this or not, so please forgive me. But I have started a blog in my Mom's name. And I was hoping people would like to share their prayer, thoughts, or even stories/memories they have of my Mom. I have found such comfort in everyone's prayers and stories. Here is my Mom(Monica Felver's blog) http://monicafelver.blogspot.com
Thank you for allowing me to do this. Please feel free to contact me. You have my address in the card that I sent a while back. You all are in my daily prayers. And Whitney I look forward to the day when we meet and I can give you a hug. Take care. And please continue sharing Whit's progress and witnessing to the world just how AMAZING our LORD AND SAVIOR is.In Christ's Love, Kelly

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone know the new address where Whit is?

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work Whitney! I continue to faithfully visit the blog and catch up on the progress that is made. The human body and spirit is an amazing thing! I wish you all the best and offer my prayers for all members of the Cerak family.

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is the picture? I would like to see it. We here in NC are praying for Whitney and following the story through the blog. It is very inspiring. It must take great strength and courage to endure...but with Jesus all things are possible!

Laura

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whitney,

We're praying for you, girl! We're so proud of you.

Scott, Jeanette, Micah, and Leah

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whitney, you are a beautiful young lady. I am so glad to see how well you look and to see you smiling. I hope that soon you'll be back home where you belong.

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whitney and family we prayer for you daily. We miss you here. Just needed to say we love you.
Barbi

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still cannot imagine what you are all going through, but know that it is the strength of the Lord that enables a family to make it through something like this and faith in the Lord. All of my first graders were praying for Whitney throughout the end of the school year. How exhausting mentally, physically and emotionally- we all here in Gaylord think of you every day and pray continually for Whitney and your family. I hope that everything is being taken care of that is needed in Gaylord, but please know that there are so many people that would help with anything. If plants need watering or the grass needs to be cut! (We don't live far!) We appreciate your efforts to keep Gaylord informed and please know that Whitney and all of you are still in the hearts of all those walking the Alpenstrasse this week. Even at the queen's pageant a contestant mentioned her name!
Take care.
Karen and Mitch Borowiak

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home