Whitney Cerak

We, the Cerak family, are elated beyond description at Whitney’s return home. It is so much more than we ever imagined three months ago.We would like to restate our plans of not speaking to the media. There is still much on the road to Whitney’s full recovery. We want to thank the media for the respect they have shown of our privacy in this time. And ask that the same courtesy given us would be extended to our family and friends.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

June 25, 2006 "We were under great pressure..."

"We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life...but this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God...On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers." 2Corinthians 1:8b-11a

We are reminded by Paul as he writes to the Corinthians, that we are to rely not on ourselves and what we bring to the table, but to rely on God and Him only. In that chapter he tells us that God has delivered in the past and He will deliver us again. We have set our hope that He will be true to His word. And you know what? He has never failed to give strength where needed; He has never failed to forgive us when we have sought His forgiveness for our sin; and He has never left us at any time in the good or bad of life.

I find comfort, at times, in songs that I know from my memory. One song that has been in my head here of late is this:
He is able, more than able, to accomplish what concerns me today...
He is able, more than able, to handle anything that comes my way...
He is able, more than able, to do much more than I could ever dream...
He is able, more than able, to make me what He wants me to be.

He continues to teach us as we go through this time. He continues to show His mercy and His love. He continues to stretch our faith. He continues to make us what He wants us to be...if we are willing to let Him work. We combine our prayers with yours for each of us to keep trusting in Him.

Whitney had a great weekend. Thanks for your prayers. The time away was amazing for her phyical self and her mental self. She got up early to say goodbye to Tara, Sandra, and Matt as they headed back to Spring Hill. Then laid down again for some more sleep. We have told you she is not a morning person, so the weekend lended itself to her sleeping in as of old. A very good friend of hers is back from Equador and came by with her family to say hi. Whit loved seeing Amy and it did her so much good. They sat and talked and laughed, just what the doctor ordered.

Then back to the Continuing Care Center. She worked on a 'word search' doing quite well and then relaxed to the 'Sound of Music'. She is now fast asleep, getting the sleep she needs for the routine of the week tomorrow.

We thank you again for all the comments and prayers. God bless!!

In Christ alone, Whit's dad

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ceraks-
Thank you so much for the Scripture passages and insights you give each day. They have seriously been an encouragement to me when I feel lost and don't know where to read. Thank you for the updates everyday as they make me feel close to Taylor people during this time. I pray for you guys daily and am so excited about Whit's progress. I miss you all, especially Carly, and can't wait for the day when I read that Whitney has returned to Gaylord!

Brittany Long

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cerak family,

I am in awe of your story, His story. I am thankful that the Lord used you in a situation of severe loss to show your trust in Him....and now, in great joy, showing your praise and thankfulness. It shows a world that relies on circumstances to define their view of God and the ways they act toward Him. You have gone beyond situations and shown your faith.
I am thankful that the media has been a witness to your faith and publicized your words of trust.

Praying for Whitney

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am in awe of how much glory God is receiving through your struggles. What a testimony you have been to so many. You have given me much needed hope and encouragement at a particularily low time in my spiritual walk. . .

Thank you so much . . .

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad Amy and Whit finally got to see each other! I know it was probably very hard for Amy to be gone for so long and be unable to be with Whit, but I am glad it finally happened!! Sounds like you all had a relaxing weekend, praise God!!!!

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The inspiration I have received from reading about Whitney's progress and the faith in our Lord your family has is endless! Thank you so much for being so candid with not only friends and family that read this blog, but total strangers.
I am in awe of the strength of the Cerak family. God bless!

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're praying for you today! Love you guys so much!

Jeanette

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last week has been a very trying one for me. But then I have to stop and realize that there are others out there that are going through so much more then I am. This is when I stop and praise my Almighty God for His goodness and wisdom. It is during these times when I want to feel sorry for myself that I pray for others and the tribulations they are facing. So Colleen, Newell, Carly and most of all Whitney....know that I continually pray daily for you that God will be there with arms around each of you smothering you with His unending love and helping Whitney down the road to recovery. God Bless you all!

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the weekend went well for Whitney!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I've been a little behind in my reading this week (in a friend's wedding) but I couldn't wait to get caught up and hear the amazing progress that Whitney has been making. I'm also so excited to see how God is not just working through you in this experience, but He is working IN you. Love you guys so much!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a relaxing weekend! Must be so nice to get away from the Center! It's so amazing the strength you provide to total strangers like me! Thank you so much! Praying for continued progress!

Emily, Kent OH

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Whitney's Mom :-)

Just wanted to say that we are praying for all of you daily and also for your brothers.

Big hugs to all,
Sheri & Steve

3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Whit,

What are the odds that I could become a staff member for the day the next time one visits you :-D ?

My dear I am in "Awe" at how well that you are doing. God has shown us ALL what an almighty God he is.

I ask every staff member how you are doing (outside of the Blog) everytime I see one of them or if they had heard from you.

My dear I can hardly contain myself for the day that God will bring you back home (to Gaylord) for us all. Your testimony has and will continue to bring MANY to know Christ our Lord.

I know that you look forward to going back to TU also, in the fall too I 'd bet.

Take care of yourself my dear and don't overdo it but injoy with all your friends and family too.

Beth K.

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay Whit, that was suppose to be a :-D (grinning laugh) but then what do I know I am not a computer person all that much.

Beth K.

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping this blog up. It has been quite the news story and I can't even imagine what the families have been through. It's been great to follow Whitney's progress through this blog. I really can't wait til the day this blog says it is time for her to go home and eventually back to school. She's a complete stranger, but seems to be a very strong and good person and I wish her well.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cerak family,

Thank you for your faithfulness in keeping us updated about Whitney's progress. People all over this country are reading your comments daily and seeing your faith in action. Your strength strengthens us. God must have a very special plan for your daughter and your family. You are truly blessed!

Elizabeth Perry
Adrian, Michigan

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colleen, Newel, Carly and most of all Whit-

We are truly elated for Whitney's recovery and increase of strength daily. You are in our daily thoughts and prayers.
Even here in Maine your story and second chance at life continues to make a difference in so many others. Just last week co-workers of mine were discussing the amazingness of your story at the water cooler.
You are truly blessed and we love you all.

In our prayers-
Lisa, Mike and Bryce Beeler

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This song brought me through many hard times:

"I don't understand Your ways
Oh, but I will give You my song
I'll give You all of my praise
You hold on to all my pain
And with it You are pulling me closer and
Pulling me into Your ways

Now around every corner
And up every mountain
I'm not looking for crowns
Or the water from fountains
I'm desprate in seeking
Frantic believing
That the sight of Your face
Is all that I'm needing

And I will say to You...
It's gonna be worth it
Gonna be worth it
It's gonna be worth it all
I believe this."

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Whitney,
My name is MArk Hall and I sing with a Christian band called Casting Crowns.

We played in a town close to you recently and didn't make the connection until we were half way through the afternoon.

Just wanted to you to know that we are praying for you and for your family. Many are seeing Jesus through your storm. It's usually only then that we see His purpose in them.

If we are ever in your area again and we would love to have you and your family as our guests for a concert.

Love them Like Jesus
mark

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home