Whitney Cerak

We, the Cerak family, are elated beyond description at Whitney’s return home. It is so much more than we ever imagined three months ago.We would like to restate our plans of not speaking to the media. There is still much on the road to Whitney’s full recovery. We want to thank the media for the respect they have shown of our privacy in this time. And ask that the same courtesy given us would be extended to our family and friends.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

June 17, 2006 " And I pray that you..."

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:18-19

We have power together with all the saints but we have yet to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ. We are constantly impressed and hold in awe the wonder of God Himself. It is too much to behold yet it is sufficient enough for our needs here on this earth. We are held in His loving care and know that as we have taken time to look back and see His hand holding us up throughout our entire life. But it is indeed very evident at this specific time. We continue to thank God for His faithfulness.

Today was a great day for Whitney. She had a good nights sleep after a couple of short nights due to her surgery. She and her sister Carly had a sister night last night giving Colleen and I our first night away. But we realized that we missed Whit so much that we couldn't wait to get back to her as soon as possible. She looked so beautiful when we opened the door and she smiled a 'good morning' to us.

She had a therapy session in the morning. Her left arm is becoming more and more flexible as time has gone by and today she tossed a ball with it, caught with it, and began to push off with it. Her knee that gave her such a difficult time the first night back, is now less painful. Today she had her first therapy with that as well...the range of movement is very, very good (at least to us).

Today was a special day for Whit as two very good friends from TU came by and brought her Chicago pizza. Brad and Matt showed up at lunch time and made Whitney's cheeks hurt from all the smiling and laughing. It was the therapy she needed after being so tired from all the medication she had to take. She is amazing with how her wit is so sharp even now.

We look forward to tomorrow with great anticipation. No one is more excited than Whit except possibly me. The steak, she can almost smell. The strawberries and ice cream, cause her a big satisfied smile even before she parttakes in them. I pray that the ride will not be too much for her and tires her out so that she can't enjoy the day out. But God has brought Whit this far, so tired or not it will be blessing for us all simply to be together.

Many of you have wondered about the past Mother's Day for Colleen. While it was a sad at that time, some very good friends of ours took us out to eat and we had a wonderful time. After youth group that Sunday night, Colleen had the opportunity to lead a young girl to Jesus Christ. We shared that with Carly on the phone who then said, "What a great Mother's Day present that Whitney has given you, Mom. Even from Heaven she has reached out to you." That was a very special present that made Colleen tear up and smile. Although sad at the time, what joy to know that God had used Whit's life to touch another.

God bless you all. And Happy Father's Day. To Don VanRyn and the Larsons, Smiths, Erbs, and the Felvers my prayers are with you as your children share in this day with you. What a blessing to know that Laua and her friends are safe in the arms of their Heavenly Father.

In Christ alone, Whit's dad

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is "hallelujah and amen"...what a blessing to read your journal. You have truly shown the world what it means to love Jesus, walk with Him and trust Him. Have a wonderful Father's Day.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Mr. Cerak! :-) I know you are blessed today, as any other day, but I know you aren't taking your blessings for granted. I will pray for a safe trip and good fellowship, as well as high spirits for everyone. God bless you!

10:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Uncle Newell!!! I could tell how excited you were on the phone the other day. What a wonderful gift for you and Whit both! Well for all of you really! I love you all and will be praying for your day out and Whit's strength!

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ceraks, It's has been an amazing last couple of months for your family. I think and pray for you and Whitney several times each day, that God will continue to strengthen and guide you through this wonderful time in your life. Your testimony through this experience has been a blessing to myself and so many others. Hope you have great day together with your family and God bless!

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm hooked! I feel like an addict coming to your site daily. I don't know you, your family or your friends, but your story leaves me in awe. I certainly appreciate your updating people! I'm mostly just speechless as I relish these daily logs. Thank you. Yes, Whitney, even a stranger from Chicago cares!

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Mr. Cerak!

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful day Cerak's!
You have demonstrated this statement "Faith is not believin"g in my own unshakable belief, Faith is believing an unshakable God when everything in me trembles and quakes.
Everyday all of you give visability to to our invisable God! The character of His Son Jesus is alive and well in your family. Thank you! We hope to see you next week Sunday? Amy gets into Chicago late Saturday night, but we know seeing Whit is her first priority! We will call to confirm if that is okay. We love you and you stay in our prayers continually. Enjoy the steak Whit - we love you!
The Dykstra Family

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is so good! I love hearing daily of Whitney's amazing recovery...she is so strong! Your family's trust in the Lord is an inspiration to me and I love reading God's word that you share with us. We all can't wait till the day Whitney and you all come back to Gaylord! You are greatly missed. Happy Fathers Day! Sarah Harriger

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todays sermon was the start of Jeremiah 1:1-19. As we were studing God's word we could not help but to remember all of you and especially the VanRyn family as they have the reality of there first family day without there Laura and you with the return of Whitney.

I cannot express enough of what a great witness your families have been "thru out the world" with the STEADFAST Love of GOD all of you hold.

Have a wonderful FAMILY day out.

Blessings,
Beth @ E-Free

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day from Denver.

10:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Fathers Day, Mr. Cerak. I too am a stranger left in awe by Whitney's story and continued progress. This has to be the best present ever, having your daughter back and on the road to recovery! God Bless!

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How blessed the Cerak children are!! May you enjoy this day with your 3 girls!!

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to wish you a happy fathre's day.....GOD BLESS your family

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL day together!!!!!!!!!!!!

God Bless. . .and
THANK YOU for the faithful posts. . .I check the blog nearly everyday!!!!

Y'all are such a blessing to us!!!

Isaiah 40:31

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Fathers day Newell. So glad you got to have a day away from the Hospital. What a blessed day for you all. Thanks for sharing Whit’s recovery with us. You are never far from our thoughts or prayers Love to all Larry & Dianne

1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr Cerak,Happy Fathers Day.Hope Whitney had a wonderful day.Continued payers as she is comming along very well.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Mr. C! I hope you all have a wonderful day out together!!! Love you all!!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Colleen, Newell, Whitney and Carly too,
I like many continue to read the daily logs you post on here. I have to agree that today will long be remembered as one of the best Fathers Day any dad could ask for. Although I am not a dad but rather a mom, I can still find a way to rejoice in this day for I felt the Fathers arms so strongly around me today in church. I took my daughter with me (it was her first visit to our church) and she told me when she moves back to Gaylord she wants to attend there with me. She was amazed at how uplifting our music is at the E Free. Praise the goodness of the Lord. Thank you Jesus for touching not only the daughters of Newell and Colleen but also for reaching out to my own daughter. Once again..Happy Fathers Day Newell and may the goodness of the Lord shine through you in all the future posts on here as they have in the past.
Kings Kid

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colleen, this is the "young girl" that you helped lead to Christ this past Mother's day. I just wanted to let you know that it was the most important and best decision I have ever made in my entire life. I have been attending Bible study with Carrie & Chris, as well as going to church, Sunday school and Youth group each Sunday. Although, Youth Group is not the same without you & Newell, although I completely understand that you need to be with Whitney. I just want you to know that I am constantly praying for you, Newell, Whitney, Carly, Sandra & Matt and I am studying the Bible that Newell got for me. I am eternally greatful for leading me to Christ. Words cannot describe my gratitude. There will not be a day in my life that will pass that I will not pray to God thanking Him for you and also for Whitney's love for Him, because it was that that sparked the fire for Christ in me. I love you guys SO MUCH and I can't wait to see you!! HAPPY FATHERS DAY NEWELL!!! Get well, Whit!!!

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great day without being too worn out! Even though I do not know your family, your story truly inspires me! Because I am close to Whitney's age, face many of the same physical challenges, and have recently completed my first of college, I feel a strong personal connection to Whitney's triumphs and struggles. Keep up the great work, Whitney!
Thoughts and prayers from Ohio,
Emily

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm quite sure you do not remember me...but I was a youth under the two of you in Upland. I went to Taylor and have been following this whole tragedy and then joy for you. What a witness. I must say...Well I can't say...Praise be to God. My prayers and sorrow for the other families.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all as I watched Dad(Andrew)enjoy the homemade gifts of his boys this special day.
Thought of you to as we ate London Broil grilled on Dad's new grill.
Fathers are a great treasure. The greatest being our Heavenly Father.
What a privilege to reflect His glory! Keep on shining.
with all my love,
JCB

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day Newell! You are a great dad! I hope your day goes well for everyone. I know how happy you will be to have everyone together. My mom said Colleen called her the other night and that she got to talk to Whitney. I was so bummed that I wasn't home to talk and to say hi to Whitney. We had Gus Macker this weekend. We didn't win alot, but had fun. We missed you at the E Free tent, and your awesome onions that you grill! Tell everyone I said HI and that we will see you soon. We love all of you!!

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whitney has done so good and I am so happy for you guys! Keep up the energy Whit and God Bless

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home