Whitney Cerak

We, the Cerak family, are elated beyond description at Whitney’s return home. It is so much more than we ever imagined three months ago.We would like to restate our plans of not speaking to the media. There is still much on the road to Whitney’s full recovery. We want to thank the media for the respect they have shown of our privacy in this time. And ask that the same courtesy given us would be extended to our family and friends.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Aurgust 10,2006

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31

Today, Thursday was a great day. Each patient at Hope has a "Family Day". It is a day to go to the therapies with your family member and talk with the therapists and try the activities and have a real feel for what every day life is like. The only disappointment was that Newell was not able to join us. In each therapy the therapist explained what they were doing and we watched Whitney in action. It was so encouraging to hear the progress and to also see the progress as some showed us where she started when she came to Hope. After lunch, friends and family had a special time where therapists, workers and other patients had a chance to say something encouraging to Whitney. It was almost more than my heart could hold as I listened to the positive words and love being given. We were able to celebrate Whitney's accomplishments and encourage her efforts for the goals still to be reached. Hope is an appropriate name for the rehab center as it has given Whitney the hope of returning back to school, home and her "normal self". We were so pleased with her hard work and accomplishemnts and thankful to all who have prayed, loved and encouraged her.

Made me think of God having "Family Day" with us. He wanted to experience everything first hand so he sent his son Jesus down to the earth. He experienced everything we experience, love, pain, hurt, disapointments, friendships, family life, work and everything that comes with a physical human body. God watched as "Jesus grew in wisdom and stature"(Luke 2:52) and He said two times outloud for all the hear "This is my son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased" (Matthew 3:17 and Matthew 17:5)

I am so thankful to serve a God that loves me so much that he came down to live life on earth to show me how by example and left me a guide book when I have questions. He gave me so many promises that I know He keeps true. I not only believe in God but I believe God. He promises not to give us more than we can handle (1 Corinthians 10:13), he promises never to leave us or forsake us(Hebrews 13:5) and he promises everlasting life to those who put their trust in Him (John 3:16). These promises and many more helped me and can help those still working through the grieving and loss. Not everyone has the happy ending like Whitney but we all have a happy ending with God in heaven.

" For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

With love,
Whitney's mom

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How powerful those words!! "Not everyone has a happy ending here on earth but in heaven we are promised a happy ending with God."
Bless you for your faithfulness in trusting God and sharing that faith through your trials and tribulations this past few months.
Thank you!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Whitney's Mom,

I appreciated the parallels you've drawn here between your daughter's life and the life of Christ.

You have all been such an encouragement to me. As a believer, I often wonder if I would be able to put scriptures together the way you do.God bless you all.

The Lord knows what He is doing and He chose two very special families to put on display before the nation and the world. May you continue to glorify Him by your lives and your words.

EAS

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! For someone who initially claimed she didn't feel confident as a writer, your eloquence certainly brought tears to this mother's eyes. Thank you so much for sharing your good news with us. I've been following your journey since the beginning, but this is the first time I've posted. You are inspiring so many with your words and the support for Whitney is immeasurable. God bless you all.

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a great lady! God bless you all!

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colleen,
Thank you for sharing your heart with us. I'm sure it did your "mommy" heart good to hear nice things said about your little girl. My girls are only 1 and 3 and I know I love hearing great things about them.
I'm praying for Whitney's return to TU - what an amazing recovery she has had. I'm sure there will be more stuggles to come, but with God all things are possible.
I always look forward to reading your updates each day. Thank you for sharing with us.
God bless you all!

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! to all you have said today! This was a powerful comparison and I was touched by each carefully chosen word. God is Good!
Blessings to all from a Mom in NC!

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this journey. I have followed it since hearing of the tragedy and have held you in our prayers. I am another Whitney and TU grad and my former neighbor, Miranda, was a floormate of Whit's. She speaks very highly of her.
May the Lord continue to show his goodness to you as you watch His amazing grace touch your lives.

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We join you as you praise God for the continuing miracles that are taking place in Whitney's life.
We marvel at the progress she has made. People are praying all over the world for her complete recovery.
We are delighted to be a part of that unofficial encouragement prayer team. May God bless you and keep you and make His face to shine upon you and give you peace.
Keep looking up!
Jim & Edna

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a truly amazing day. I'm sorry that Newell was not able to share that with you. Thanks for your wonderful words today, sometimes I feel you are speaking to me personally as sit and drink my coffee. It's a pleasure having my coffee with you every morning.

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mrs. Cerak....sounds like Whitney is doing great! We'll be glad to have her back at TU this year!

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs Cerak,
I was a student of yours at RJ Baskett Middle School in the mid-80's. My heart is just thrilled for you and your family for all of Whitney's accomplishments. I admire your strength!! Blessings to you all from a Gas City mom!

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From one mom to another -
May God continue to bless you and strengthen you and give you this incredible wisdom. It is absolutely thrilling and uplifting to be able to follow this miracle.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our God is an awesome God. He has never shined more brightly than in the past months of whitney's recovery.We miss you all back in gaylord! Jesus is our Lord and He will reign forever more.

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just reviewed the blog after several days. I wonder if life is beginning to slow down and even out when I see that the family has not posted for several days. Thank God for ordinary days. I pray that HE our Lord will give you strength for difficult days and peace for the calm. Mom of 3

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!
Ím a young girl from Denmark. And i had just read your story and i just want to welcome you back to "life". I read it on www.eb.dk. there is a buityful picture of you and i just want you to know that im glad that youre alive and doing well..sorry im not so good in english yet but i hope you can read it anyway.
Big hugs fram Eva,denmark

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessings in Abundance!

God works in such mysterious ways. Through the circumstances of your surreal ordeal, only He can transform tragedy into triumph. Whitney is truly inspirational. Anyone who has read this blogg feels the love of God working through your lives. Through your witness, we are all transformed. Thank you.

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have read many of the entries here and think it is a pure miracle that Whitney has recovered so well. I know this may seem to intrude, but I am looking for a micacle for my friend. She was in a horrible car accident on Friday the 4th of August. She has suffered a severe closed head injury. Can anyone please tell me how long Whitney was in a coma before she began to wake up? We dont have very much information and we are all beginning to feel down that she has not woken up yet. If Whitney can pull through maybe our friend can too. Any help and information would be great! Please email redneckgirl1@cox.net with any information you may have. Thank you and thank God for Whitney's miracle!!

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came accross your blog through a link on the news story I was reading about Whitney. My husband and I are Christians and are in youth ministry together. We are very encouraged to hear of the amazing things God is doing in your lives and pray that He will continually be glorified, no matter what comes your way. Your in our prayers, keep pointing to Jesus! Let the world know, He is coming back soon!! God Bless you! Stephany & Josh

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Harbor Springs and read of your story when it happened. I am glad you chose to blog it and I found it today ( my birthday, by the way). It gladdened my heart to know Whitney has made a recovery and is going back to college. I understand your not wanting the media in your face, but at least this blog answered alot of questions that i have wondered about after reading of the tragedy. That god WAS with you all and he heals. Thank you for blogging

4:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just watched this story and it touched my heart so. Thank you for sharing this incredible story with us.
The faith and strength that only comes from God you have been shown. May the Lord bless and keep you and the Vanryn family.
What an aweome God we serve. If there were ever a doubt in my heart there is no more. Find peace.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.i read the book mistaken idenity and it was amazing. i pray for you and your family and also the Van ryn's. i am 14 and the book made me cry like a baby :]

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home